When Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA), or simply Sleep Apnea is left untreated it can have serious and life-threatening consequences while also impairing one’s ability to perform everyday tasks; resulting in physical, emotional and professional strains. Resolve to reclaim your sleep for better health in 2017.
Oral appliance therapy (OAT) is an alternative treatment for people suffering from Obstructive Sleep Apnea. They look similar to a night guard, but should be selected and fitted by a dentist trained in Dental Sleep Medicine (DSM).
This complimentary Oral Appliance Therapy consultation ($150 value) includes
- Initial assessment of your teeth
- Temporomandibular joint (TMJ) and airway assessment
- Review of oral appliance treatment for sleep apnea
- Discussion of various oral appliances used for the treatment of sleep apnea
- Determination of which ones may be best for you
Eugene dentist Dr. Donald R. Dexter, Jr. is a member of the American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine (AADSM) and has the Qualified Dentist Designation by the American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine. He has completed the Tufts University School of Dentistry/American Academy of Craniofacial Pain (AACP) Dental Sleep Medicine Residency and over 200 hours of continuing education in the field of dental sleep medicine.